Asian Vegetables and Seitan
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth ***Click on our Homemade Vegetable Broth link
- 3 tbsp soy sauce low sodium, NO SODIUM BENZOATE
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger minced
- 1 tsp agave nectar
- 1 cup seitan chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts sliced
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoots sliced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- In a small bowl, mix the vegetable broth, soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger and agave. Whisk well.
- In a large skillet or wok on medium, cook the seitan in the olive oil until brown on both sides, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the bell pepper, snow peas, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and green onions. Cook until the vegetables are almost soft, about 2 1/2 minutes, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add vegetable broth mixture. Whisk in cornstarch. Bring to a slow simmer and cook until sauce is thickened, stirring constantly to prevent lumps.
This dish is great over rice or noodles.