Bean and Corn Chowder
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes chopped small
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 cups vegetable broth ***Click on our Homemade Vegetable Broth link
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 14 oz great northern beans canned
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp flour no bleached flour
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk NO SODIUM BENZOATE
- In a large stock pot, add potatoes, onion, and vegetable broth. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and add in the corn, beans, thyme, and pepper. Reduce heat to lowest setting.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and soy milk. Whisk until a smooth consistency. Slowly drizzle into the stock pot, stirring well to avoid the milk from curdling. Continue to cook, uncovered, for an additional 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Soup will thicken as it cools.