Smoky Black Bean Burgers
This is a great tasting burger that only takes about 15 minutest to make.
- Large mixing bowl
- Food Processor
- 2 14oz cans black beans drained
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1 tsp smoked spanish paprika
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 tbsp wheat flour
- 1 tsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- whole grain buns
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup oregano fresh chopped
- Combine the black beans, garlic, lime juice, fresh herbs, paprika and cumin into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the black bean mixture with the onions and flour, then season with salt and pepper.
- Form into patties with your hands to the size best for your buns.
- Place patties in a well oiled skillet and cook for 3 to 5 minutes on each side until browned. Flip the patties only once, but be gentle to not break.
- Serve with your choice of topping on whole grain buns.