- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp brown mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp turmeric ground
- 1/4 tsp coriander ground
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder
- 2 cups potatoes peeled, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan with a lid over medium heat then add in the mustard seeds. Cook until seeds begin to pop and jump around in the pan then stir in remaining spices.
- Add in the potatoes, stirring to coat pieces in the spices and oil then add water and salt.
- Bring to a boil, cover and cook for another 15 minutes or until all the water has evaporated and the potatoes start to fry in the oil.
- Portion out serving and garnish with the chopped cilantro. Enjoy!