- 2 cups tomatoes plum, seeded, diced
- 1/2 cup basil leaves fresh, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp sun-dried tomatoes finely chopped, oil packed
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 16 slices Italian bread whole-wheat
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees while you line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the fresh tomatoes, basil, 3 tbsp of olive oil, sun dried tomatoes, salt and pepper in a large bowl; mix well. Let stand at room temperature for about 1 hour to blend the flavors.
- Place the bread slices on the prepared baking sheet and brush pieces with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted.
- Top each bread slice with about 1 tablespoon tomato mixture. Enjoy!