Carrot Ginger Soup
- 2 lbs carrots peeled, sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper cracked
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth ***Click on the Vegetable Broth recipe link
- 1 tbsp ginger fresh, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the peeled and sliced carrots on a lined baking pan. Drizzle with 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt, and pepper; toss well. Roast for about 16 to 20 minutes until tender; tossing a couple of times to prevent burning. Once cooked, remove from the oven and set to the side.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the remaining tbsp of oil over medium-low heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger and saute for about 12 minutes.
- Stir the vegetable broth, coconut milk and carrots into the saucepan then bring to a boil. Cook for another 5 minutes; reduce the heat; then transfer soup to a blender. Pulse until smooth and creamy. Pour into bowls and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Serves well with a no bleached flour crouton or chopped pumpkin seeds.