Cashew Carrot "Cheese"
- Food Processor
- 1 1/2 cups cashews soaked, chopped fine
- 1 1/2 cups carrots peeled, small dice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Heat a saucepan to high heat with the water, cashews and carrots until it boils. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 16 to 20 minutes, or until carrots and cashews are soft.
- Add the mixture with any remaining liquid and the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides occasionally to make sure everything is incorporated.
- Serve while still warm for a creamy treat with your favorite whole wheat crackers or veggies.