Cauliflower and Rice Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup onion minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup carrots peeled, diced
- 1 cup celery peeled, diced
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 cups water
- 2 cubes bouillon cube *see Homemade Bouillon recipe link
- 1 leaf bay
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 2 cups brown rice cooked, divided
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large pot and saute the onions, and garlic for about 7 minutes.
- Add the carrots, celery, cauliflower, water, bouillon cubes, bay leaf, thyme, and oregano; stir well. Bring the temperature to a almost boil, then turn down and simmer for 40 minutes or until veggies are fork tender.
- Remove the bay leaf from the pot. Add a 1/2 cup of cooked rice to each bowl before serving along with 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast. Sprinkle bowls with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!