- Food Processor
- 1/2 cup canned artichokes rinsed, drained
- 1 cup canned chickpeas rinsed, drained
- 2 1/2 tbsp fresh dill divided
- 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp crushed nori
- 3 tbsp flour no bleached flour
- 1/2 cup panko flakes
- 1/8 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- Combine the artichokes, chickpeas, 2 tablespoons dill, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, capers, lemon juice, and crushed nori in a food processor and pulse. Add flour and pulse again.
- In a bowl, add the panko flakes, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and a pinch of turmeric. Combine.
- Shape the mixture into "crab" cake sizes and carefully coat all sides in the panko flakes.
- Heat the canola oil in a pan at high heat. Add the cakes and let them cook for about 5 minutes on each side until golden and crispy.
- Add remaining dill to top with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Serves well with a plant-based sour cream.