Creamy Golden Gravy
- 1/4 cup flour no bleached flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth ***Click on our Homemade Vegetable Broth link
- 2 cups non-dairy milk unsweetened
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp thyme dried
- 1/8 tsp rosemary dried
- 1/8 tsp sage dried
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- Heat a large sauce pan over medium heat and add the flour; saute until it darkens for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in the broth about a 1/2 cup at a time. Once it is incorporated, add 1/2 cup nondairy milk at a time, whisking constantly.
- Turn up the heat to medium-high to reduce and thicken the sauce for about 22 minutes. Once the sauce gets as thick as you like; remove pan from the heat and whisk in the nutritional yeast, and spices. The gravy will thicken even more as it cools. Enjoy!
Serves well with a multitude of dishes.