Creamy Leek Risotto
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance Butter divided
- 2 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 3 1/2 cups leeks trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 cups brown rice quick cook
- 4 3/4 cups vegetable broth ***Click on the Vegetable Broth recipe link
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves fresh, chopped
- Heat 3 1/2 tbsp of butter and olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and leeks to cover with the butter-oil blend; cook for about 10 minutes
- Add in the brown rice, vegetable broth, salt and pepper then reduce the heat to simmer. Cook for 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and gently stir in the remaining butter, then cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes. Divide the risotto among serving bowls then sprinkle with thyme leaves. Enjoy!