Creamy Tomato Soup
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano dried
- 56 oz plum tomatoes peeled
- 1/2 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 1/2 cup soy milk plain, unsweetened
- 4 cups croutons *see our Cornbread Croutons recipe link
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat then saute the onions for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic, agave, salt, oregano, and tomatoes with juice; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the soup is done; transfer to a blender along with the soy milk. Blend until smooth or leave a few tomato chunks for some texture. Top with our Cornbread Croutons for a crunchy contrast. Enjoy!