Crispy Eggplant Fritters
- 2 cup eggplant sliced 1/4' thick
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- 4 tbsp almond milk
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees while you line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare 3 bowls for coating the eggplant pieces. In the first one place the almond milk; in the second the cornstarch; then in the third the Panko, sesame seeds, garlic powder, and the onion powder.
- Dip each slice firstly into the milk, then into the cornstarch, and finally into the Panko mix, so that each is generously coated.
- Heat the olive in a large skillet over medium-high heat and lightly pan fry coated pieces for about 1 minutes per side; then place your pieces on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes; flipping over the slices halfway through cook time or until crispy. Sprinkle with salt before serving. Enjoy!
Serves well with a plant based ranch dressing.