Curried Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Earth Balance Butter
- 15 oz pumpkin puree canned
- 3 cups vegetable broth ***Click on our Homemade Vegetable Broth link
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp ginger ground
- 1 cup coconut milk
- In a large stock pot, sauté onions and garlic in the Earth Balance Butter until onions are soft, approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in pumpkin and vegetable broth. Mix well. Add bay leaves, curry powder, cumin, and ginger, and bring to a low simmer. Cover and continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and add coconut milk, mixing well. Heat for several minutes to heat through.
- Remove bay leaves before serving.