Curry and Pumpkin Lentil Soup
Hypertension: Low Sodium!
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 cups fresh or frozen pumpkin chopped
- 2 tbsp Earth Balance Butter
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 whole cloves
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 cups tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green beans
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- In a large skillet with a lid, sauté the onion and pumpkin in the olive oil until onions are soft. Mix in the curry powder, cumin, chilies, and cloves and cook for another minute.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and add in water and lentils. Mix well, cover, and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Uncover and mix in the remaining ingredients. Heat thoroughly.
Serve over Tinkyada brown rice or whole grains.