Dreamy Creamy Artichoke and Spinach Pasta
- 10 oz pasta Tinkyada Brand, no bleached flour
- 7 oz spinach fresh
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp flour no bleached flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth ***Click on the Vegetable Broth recipe link
- 14 oz coconut milk
- 14 oz artichoke canned, drained, quartered
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper cracked
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet heat the oil over medium to high heat. Add the onion and saute until transparent for about 8 to 10 minutes, then add garlic and cook another 2 minutes. Sprinkle with flour and whisk it in; cook for another couple of minutes to remove raw flour taste.
- Add in the coconut milk and vegetable broth and bring to a simmer to melt the coconut cream; continue to cook until sauce thickens. Stir the cooked pasta, spinach, and artichoke hearts. Cover with a lid and continue to cook until the spinach wilts.
- Remove from the heat and sprinkle dish with the salt, pepper, lemon juice, and nutritional yeast. Serve immediately. Enjoy
Serves well with chopped basil or parsley.