Easy Chickpea Soft Tacos
- 15 oz can of chickpeas drained
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 4 flour tortillas no bleached flour
- In a large skillet with a lid, add the chickpeas, water, tomato paste, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder and cumin. Mix well, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring often. Uncover and continue to simmer another 2 minutes or until most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Using a fork, mash the softened chickpeas until mostly mashed. Add in the cilantro.
- On each tortilla, place several spoonful's of the chickpea mixture into the middle and fold in half.
Other taco ingredients might include shredded lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, plant-based cheese, and plant-based sour cream.