Green Beans with Garlic-Cilantro Sauce
- 1 1/2 lbs green beans fresh, ends trimmed
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup red bell pepper julienned
- 1/2 cup sweet onion halved, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp cilantro fresh, chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the green beans then reduce the temp to medium high and cook for about 6 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to the saucepan for later.
- Heat the oil in another skillet over medium-high heat then saute the onion and bell pepper; about 3 minutes. Add garlic, green beans, and salt; cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro; season with black pepper and serve immediately. Enjoy!