Hot and Spicy Jambalaya
- 1 1/4 cups white or yellow onion chopped
- 1 1/2 cups bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup celery diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 14 oz diced tomatoes canned, undrained
- 3 cups vegetable broth ***Click on our Homemade Vegetable Broth link
- 2 cups brown rice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 tsp cayenne to taste
- In a large stock pot with a lid, sauté onions, bell pepper, and celery in the olive oil until veggies are almost soft.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add remaining ingredients, except frozen corn and cayenne. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until rice is cooked, stirring twice.
- Add in frozen corn and cayenne (to taste). Cook until corn is warmed through. Remove bay leaf before serving.