Indian Lentil Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup sweet potato chopped
- 1 cup carrot peeled, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 2 cubes vegetable bouillon *see our Homemade Bouillon recipe link
- 14.5 oz tomatoes diced, fire roasted
- 1 cup brown lentils uncooked
- 3 tsp marjoram dried
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander dried
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat; then saute the onions and garlic for about 7 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except for the salt and pepper; stir well. Raise the heat to bring the pot to a boil; cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer until the vegetables and lentils are tender.
- Ladle into 4 separate bowls and sprinkle with salt and pepper before serving.
Serve's well with a tablespoon of plant-based sour cream.