Lemon Thyme and Asparagus Orzo
- 1 1/2 cups orzo
- 2 cups asparagus chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed, no added sugar or preservatives
- 1/4 tsp salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp fresh thyme chopped
- Prepare the orzo according to the instructions on the package.
- In a large skillet, cook the asparagus in the olive oil until tender. Avoid overcooking.
- Reduce the heat to low and mix in cooked orzo and the remaining ingredients. Stir well and heat through.