Millet and Squash Casserole
- 1 cup millet
- 2 cups vegetable broth ***Click on our Homemade Vegetable Broth link
- 1 small butternut squash peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 cup orange juice fresh squeezed, no added sugar or preservatives
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- In a small stock pot, cook the millet in the vegetable broth about 30 minutes or until the millet is cooked.
- In a separate saucepan with a lid, place the squash and water. Bring to a slow simmer, cover, and allow to cook for about 15 minutes or until squash is almost done. Remove lid and drain.
- Combine the cooked millet in with the squash over low heat. Stir in the remaining ingredients and heat through.