- 6 wheat tortillas no bleached flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup lime juice fresh squeezed
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 14 oz mushrooms fresh, sliced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup soy sauce low sodium, NO SODIUM BENZOATE
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup red onion sliced
- 1 cup bells pepper multicolored mix, seeded, sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- In a large bowl combine the water, lime juice, soy sauce, oil, smoked paprika, cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder. Add in the sliced mushrooms and toss to coat. Leave to marinate.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil for the fajita's over high heat. Add in the onion, and bell peppers and stir-fry until soft for 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt. Plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Transfer half of the mushrooms to the same pan that was used for the peppers. Cook until most of the moisture is evaporated and the mushrooms are browned on both sides. Transfer this batch of mushrooms to a plate while you repeat this step with the other half of the mushrooms.
- Whisk the cornstarch into the leftover marinade in the bowl and transfer to the pan with the cooking mushrooms. Add the first batch back to pan and continue cooking until marinade thickens.
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and warm the tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds. Serve the warmed tortillas with the bell pepper mixture, mushrooms and any toppings of your choice.
Serves well with avocado, fresh cilantro, salsa, or plant based sour cream.