- 1/4 cup Earth Balance butter
- 3/4 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth ***Click on our Homemade Vegetable Broth link
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp marjoram optional
- 3 tbsp flour use non bleached flour
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Reduce to medium low heat and add in broth, garlic powder, onion powder, sage, thyme, and marjoram, stirring contents well.
- Whisk in flour slowly to prevent any lumps from forming. The more you whisk, the less lumps you should have. Simmer over low heat until thickened.
- Remove from stove and whisk in nutritional yeast. Salt and pepper to taste. Gravy will thicken as it cools.
Nutrition with Essential Amino Acids
Amount Per Serving
Calories 104 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Some amino acids levels are estimated, some product manufacturers do not supply amino acid values. The value source usda.gov.