Mushroom Tofu Burgers
- Food Processor
- 3 tbsp water boiling
- 1 tbsp flax seed ground
- 3 tsp olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup onion coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 7 oz tofu extra firm, crumbled, frozen
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup walnuts finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp thyme dried
- 6 muffins English whole wheat
- 6-8 leaves lettuce
- 6-8 slices tomato
- Preheat the grill to 350 degrees.
- Combine the boiling water and flax seed in a small bowl then set aside to cool.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat then saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic for about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Transfer the mushroom mixture, tofu, oats, walnuts, flax seed mixture, salt, onion powder, and thyme to a food processor; pulse until combined well. Shape mixture into 6 (1/3 cup) patties.
- Grill the patties for about 10-12 minutes until browned on both sides.
- Serve burgers on English muffins with lettuce, and tomato. Enjoy!
Serves well with baked sweet potato fries.