Nasi Goreng (Indonesian Fried Rice)
- 2 tsp agave nectar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce low sodium, NO SODIUM BENZOATE
- 1 block tempeh cubed
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 3 cups brown rice cooked
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp hot chili sauce
- 1/4 cup green onions chopped
- 3/4 cup carrot thinly sliced
- 1 3/4 cups red or yellow bell pepper diced
- In a small bowl, whisk together the agave and soy sauce. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, sauté the tempeh, onions, garlic, and red pepper flakes in the olive oil until tempeh is lightly toasted. Add the rice and sesame oil, stirring well to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients and agave mixture into the skillet. Stir quickly to combine and heat through.