Orzo and Bean Minestrone Soup
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cups celery chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 5 cups vegetable broth ***Click on our Homemade Vegetable Broth link
- 1 cup carrots diced
- cup green beans chopped
- 1 small potatoes chopped small
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 15 oz cannellini beans canned and drained
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3/4 cup whole wheat orzo
- 1/8 tsp black pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp salt to taste
- In a large stock pot, sauté garlic, onion, and celery in the olive oil until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable broth, carrot, green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, beans, basil, and oregano. Cover and cook on medium low for 25 minutes.
- Mix in orzo and cook an additional 10 minutes or until orzo is cooked. Season with salt and pepper to taste.