Pasta E Ceci
- Food Processor
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot peeled, chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 sprig rosemary fresh
- 1 tsp salt
- 15 ounces chickpeas canned, un-drained
- 2 cups vegetable broth *see our Homemade Bouillon recipe link
- 28 ounces tomatoes canned, crushed
- 1 leaf bay dried
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup shells Tinkyada Pasta Joy, uncooked
- 1/8 tsp black Pepper fresh cracked
- 1/2 tsp basil dried
- Heat 3 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat then saute the onion and carrot for about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic, rosemary, salt, chickpeas with liquid, broth, tomatoes, bay leaf, and red pepper flakes to the onion and carrot. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes then remove 1 cup of the mixture and place into a food processor. Make sure the bay leaf and rosemary are not in the cup to be blended.
- Process mixture until smooth then return mix to the saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Stir in the pasta and reduce the heat to medium and cook for 13 to 15 minutes or until pasta is tender. Remove the bay leaf and rosemary sprig then season the sauce with pepper.
- Divide pasta into individual bowls then garnish with basil and remaining olive oil. Enjoy!
Serves well with a nice garden salad.