Poppin Pesto & Basil Pizza
Quick and easy pizza with just enough pop to make your taste buds want more.
- Food Processor
- 1/2 bunch kale
- 2 handfuls basil leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes more or less depending on spice level
- 4 small roma tomatoes
- 4 pieces gluten-free flatbread
- 1 1/2 cup shredded vegan mozzarella
- Preheat ove to 500 degrees F
- To make the pesto, add the pine nuts, basil, kale, lemon juice, oil, yeast, salt and pepper flakes to a food processor. Continue processing until you have a paste and be sure to scrape those edges a couple times during the processing.
- Slice your roma tomatoes
- Take your flatbread and spread a few tablespoons of pesto evenly on top, add a layer of cheese and a few tomatoes.
- Bake for 10 minutes checking often to prevent burning and until the cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 2 minutes before slicing and serving.