Roasted Red Pepper Pasta
- Food Processor
- 30 oz red bell pepper deseeded, large chopped pieces
- 10 oz pasta no bleached flour
- 4 cloves garlic unpeeled
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp basil fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Boil a pot of water and turn your oven onto broil.
- Place the peppers skin side up and garlic on a rimmed, lined baking pan. Broil for 13 to 15 minutes, or until peppers are soft, and skin is black and charred in some places.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain and return to the pot. Set aside.
- Transfer the peppers to a large container and put on a lid to let them steam for about 5 minutes. Carefully peel the skin and blackened pieces off the peppers. Squeeze the garlic from its skins.
- Place the garlic and bell peppers in a food processor and pulse on low speed. Slowly drizzle in oil and pulse until mix is smooth and creamy. Blend in the salt and vinegar. Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir well. Sprinkle the nutritional yeast, and basil. Enjoy!
Serves well with a nice garden salad.