Roasted Veggie Panini
Quick and delicious veggie panini that will surely hit the spot and makes great leftovers.
- Food Processor
- 1 whole red bell pepper
- 1 whole yellow squash
- 1/2 whole medium eggplant
- 1 whole zucchini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup basil tightly packed
- 1 cup arugula tightly packed
- 1/4 cup shredded vegan parmesan
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 each Ciabatta or gluten-free rolls make sure they are vegan
- Preheat your ovento 450 degrees
- Line two baking pans with parchment paper
- Slice your yellow squash and zucchini into diagonal 1/2-inch pieces
- Slice your eggplant into 1/4-inch rounds pieces
- Slice your red bell pepper into 2-inch strips
- Place the zucchini and squash in a single layer on one pan and your red bell pepper and eggplant in a single layer on the other pan.
- On both sides of your vegetables, drizzle with olive oil, garlic powder, cracked pepper and salt.
- Roast both pans of vegetables for 8 minutes, flip and roast for another 7 minutes or until tender.
- While roasting vegetables, we can make the pesto. Combine arugula, basil, parmesan, salt, garlic, lemon juice and hemp seeds into your food processor. Turn on the food processor and slowly add in the olive oil. Continue until you have a smooth paste and be sure to stop and scrape down the sides a couple times.
- Place your halfed ciabatta rolls in to the oven and toast for the last 2 to 3 minutes.
- Spread a thick layer of pesto on each roll and then layer vegetables.
- Round out your meal with a mixed green salad and a balsamic dressing.