Spicy Navy Bean and Couscous Pilaf
- 1 cups water
- 1 cup vegetable broth ***Click on our Homemade Vegetable Broth link
- 2 cups couscous
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2/3 tsp red pepper flakes crushed, to taste
- 15 oz can of navy beans drained
- 2 tbsp pimiento peppers minced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1/8 tsp salt to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper to taste
- In a large stock pot with a lit, bring the water and vegetable broth to a boil. Remove from the heat and add in the couscous. Stir well and cover. Allow the couscous to cook for 15 minutes or until the liquid has been absorbed and the couscous is done. Fluff with a fork when done.
- While the couscous is cooking, whisk together the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and red pepper flakes. Mix in with the couscous.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and toss gently. Season with salt and pepper to taste.