Squash Chili with Beans
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 2 tbsp Earth Balance Butter
- 1 medium butternut squash chopped
- 15 oz can of black beans drained
- 28 oz can of stewed tomatoes undrained
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped, optional
- In a large stock pot with a lid, sauté the garlic and onions in the butter, until the onions are soft.
- Lower the heat to medium low and add remaining ingredients except the cilantro. Mix well, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes. Uncover and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro before serving.