- 1/2 cup vegetable broth ***Click on our Homemade Vegetable Broth link
- 2 tbsp soy sauce low sodium, NO SODIUM BENZOATE
- 1/2 tsp agave nectar
- 2 tsp ginger grated
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 6 cups eggplant peeled, chunks
- 4 servings brown rice cooked, *see notes below
- Mix the sauce ingredients except the cornstarch in a small bowl and then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and saute the eggplant until soft about 10 minutes.
- Whisk the cornstarch into the sauce until smooth with no lumps. Pour the sauce into the pan with the eggplant and mix well.
- Continue cooking until sauce thickens then serve over brown rice. Enjoy!
Tip: Use one of our Homemade Bouillon cubes in the water when cooking your brown rice.