- Food Processor
- 1 cup kidney beans canned, rinsed, and drained
- 1 cup corn canned
- 1 shallot peeled
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup flour no bleached flour
- 6 buns burger buns no bleached flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add the corn, kidney beans, shallot, and garlic to food processor and pulse until broken up. Continue to add in the breadcrumbs, spices, seeds, and oat flour; pulse again till mixture sticks together without falling apart.
- Coat hands lightly with flour and shape mixture in 6 separate patties. Place patties on a baking tray lined with parchment paper that has lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Bake patties for 15 minutes, flip patties then resume cooking for another 15 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
- Serve the burger patties on buns with your favorite condiments.
Serves well with baked sweet potato fries.