- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup corn canned, drained, rinsed
- 3 cups black-eyed peas canned, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup black beans canned, drained, rinsed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes halved
- 1 1/2 cup bell pepper assorted colors, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded, minced
- 4 tbsp green onion minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice fresh squeezed, no sugar added or preservatives
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin ground
- 1/2 tsp oregano dried
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil extra virgin
- Heat the one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add corn; cook and stir about 3 minutes or until corn is beginning to brown in spots.
- Place in a large bowl along with the beans, tomatoes, bell peppers, onion, jalapeno, green onions and cilantro.
- Mix together the vinegar, lime juice, salt, cumin, oregano and garlic in a small bowl. Whisk in olive oil slowly until well blended. Pour over corn mix; stir to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!