Thick and Hearty TVP Chili
- 1 1/2 cups Textures Vegetable Protein granules
- 1 cup vegetable broth hot, ***Click on our Homemade Vegetable Broth link
- 1 tbsp soy sauce low sodium, NO SODIUM BENZOATE
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup corn fresh or frozen
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 15 oz kidney beans canned
- 15 oz diced tomatoes canned
- 1 jalapeno pepper minced, optional
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Combine vegetable broth and soy sauce in a medium bowl. Place the TVP granules into the bowl, making sure to completely cover the TVP. Allow to soak for 3 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- In a large stock pot, sauté the onions and garlic in the olive oil until the onions are slightly cooked.
- Add the remaining ingredients and TVP. Mix well. Cover, reduce heat and continue to simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour into serving bowls and season with salt and pepper to taste.