Traditional Green Bean Casserole
- 12 oz green beans frozen
- 3/4 cup mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp Earth Balance Butter
- 2 tbsp flour no bleached flour
- 1 1/2 cups soy milk NO SODIUM BENZOATE
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sage
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups French-fried onions
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place green beans and mushrooms into a large casserole dish. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the Earth Balance Butter. Slowly add in the flour, stirring constantly, until a paste is formed. Add in soy milk, mustard, garlic powder, salt, sage, oregano, and pepper, continuing to stir until thickened.
- Pour the sauce over the green beans and mushrooms. Spread the French-fried onions over the top of the green beans mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 18 minutes or until onions are slightly toasted.