Walnut and Parsley Sauce
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened soy milk NO SODIUM BENZOATE
- 2 tbsp Earth Balance Butter
- 2 tbsp flour no bleached flour
- 3/4 tsp parsley
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast optional
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, warm walnuts and soy milk over low heat for 4 minutes to soften walnuts. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the Earth Balance Butter over low heat. Whisk in flour stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Slowly add in soy milk and walnuts, continuing to stir constantly, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from stove and stir in parsley, nutritional yeast, salt, and black pepper.
Pour sauce over the Garlic and Herb Gnocchi for a delicious meal!