West African Peanut Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup peanuts chopped, roasted
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger fresh, minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups vegetable broth *see our Homemade Bouillon recipe link
- 2 cups sweet potato peeled, 1/2' cubes
- 28 oz tomato canned, diced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper ground
- 1 1/2 cups kale shredded
- 1/3 cup peanut butter all natural, no sugar added, creamy or chunky
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat then saute the onions for about 5 minutes.
- Add in the peanuts, ginger, garlic, salt, broth, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, and red pepper then bring the pot to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the kale and peanut butter; continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until veggies are tender. Serve and enjoy!
Serves well with our Cornbread or Cornbread Croutons.