Wild Rice with Mushrooms and Rosemary
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary chopped
- 1 cup onion diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced
- 1 1/2 cups wild rice
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth low sodium
- 2 tbsp Earth Balance Butter
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice fresh squeezed, no sugar or preservatives
- 1/4 tbsp rubbed sage
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- In a large skillet with a lid, sauté fresh rosemary and onions in the olive oil, approximately 3 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Add in mushrooms heating for another minute or two.
- Mix in wild rice and vegetable broth and bring to a slow simmer. Cover and cook for 45 minutes or until rice is done and liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and mix in remaining ingredients.