- Belgian Waffle Iron
- 2 cups flour whole wheat
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp date sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder No Aluminum
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups hemp milk unsweetened, room temp.
- 5 tbsp Earth Balance butter melted, cooled, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed, no sugar added or preservatives
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Heat the waffle iron according to manufacture's instructions.
- Whisk together the flour, cornstarch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the hemp milk, 4 tbsp of melted butter, lemon juice, and vanilla extract together in a medium sized bowl.
- Make a small well in the center of the flour mixture and begin to mix in the milk mixture until few lumps remain in the batter.
- Brush the waffle iron with part of the remaining melted butter then add 1 measuring cup of batter to iron. Cook until crisp, firm, and golden; about 5-6 minutes or until steam stops rising from the iron. Repeat process with remaining butter and batter. Enjoy!
Tip: Add your favorite fresh fruit and date syrup for a sweet addition. No amino acids found for these recipe ingredients.
Nutrition with Essential Amino Acids
Amount Per Serving (1 Serving)
Calories 408.5 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 3.75g23%
Vitamin A 249.6IU5%
Vitamin C 1.42mg2%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Some amino acids levels are estimated, some product manufacturers do not supply amino acid values. The value source usda.gov.