Black Beans on Toast with Avocado and Tomato
Diabetes: Low Sugars!
Immune: Helps Build the Immune!
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes quartered
- 4 tsp olive oil extra virgin, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- 1 15oz can black beans canned, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup water boiling
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp lime juice fresh squeezed, no sugar added or preservatives
- 4 slices bread whole-wheat, 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup avocado pitted, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup red onions sliced thin
- 1/4 cup cilantro fresh, chopped
- Combine the quartered cherry tomatoes, 1 tsp of olive oil, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Mash the beans in a separate bowl, boiling water, lime zest, lime juice, and remaining olive oil together with a potato masher until well mixed; leaving some beans whole.
- Toast the slices of bread in the toaster until it reaches the desired level of browning.
- Spread the mashed bean mixture evenly on toast pieces, then top with avocado, tomato mixture, onions, and cilantro. Enjoy!