- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 1/2 cups onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup carrot peeled, grated
- 28 oz green lentils canned, drained, liquid reserved
- 14 oz tomatoes canned, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper fresh cracked
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over low-medium heat then sauté the onions for about 5 minutes.
- Mix in the garlic, celery, and carrots then cover saucepan with a lid. Simmer for about 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, lentils, and enough of the reserved liquid to create a thick consistency. Simmer for about 8 minutes until lentils are heated through then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy over your favorite "Tinkyada" brand whole wheat pasta.