Even though the name is "Breakfast Potatoes", this easy recipe can be made to go with any meal of the day or just by itself.
- Medium Saucepan
- cast iron skillet
- 4 each yukon gold potatoes cubed
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1/2 each red bell pepper sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- fresh oregano to taste
- fresh cilantro to taste
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil and blanch the potatoes for about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In your cast iron skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the peppers, onions and garlic and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Stir the potatoes into the pan along with the other vegetables and continue cooking. toss the mixture continuosly so not to burn and to cook evenly on all sides.
- Add the salt, pepper and paprika into the mixture and cook until golden brown.
- Right before you are ready to take off the heat and serve, add in the fresh cilantro and oregano.