Bulgur Wheat Tabbouleh Salad
- 1 1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 3 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice fresh squeezed, no added sugar or preservatives
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mint chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped
- 15 oz can of chickpeas drained
- 3 large tomatoes diced
- Place the bulgur wheat into a large bowl and pour the boiling water over it. Stir well, cover, and allow to sit for about 30 minutes or until bulgur wheat is soft.
- Add in olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt. Gently toss until well mixed. Stir in remaining ingredients, adding the tomatoes in last.
- Chill for at least an hour before serving.