Chai Spiced Brown Rice and Chia Pudding
- 4 bags tea English breakfast
- 1 cup water boiling
- 4 cups soy milk plain, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup brown rice rinsed well
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/2 tsp ginger ground
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cardamom ground
- 1/4 cup raisins dried, no sugar added
- Steep the tea bags in the boiling water for 5 minutes then discard the tea bags.
- Combine the tea, soy milk, rice, chia seeds, agave, cinnamon, ginger, salt and cardamom in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil then reduce the heat to low.
- Cover the saucepan partially and cook for 1 1/2 hours until the rice is tender and pudding is thick and creamy; stir occasionally.
- Skim off any film that forms on the top and stir in the raisins.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!