Fights Diabetes: Low Sugars!
Immune: Helps Build the Immune!
Helps Fight Cancer: Colon, Prostate, Stomach
- Food Processor
- 1/4 cup chickpeas
- 1 tbsp Earth Balance butter melted, divided
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 3/4 cup vital wheat gluten
- 1/4 cup sparkling water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp thyme dried
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp soy sauce low sodium, NO SODIUM BENZOATE
- In a large pan heated to medium-high heat add 1/2 tbsp butter; and saute the onion and garlic until soft. Add in fennel and cumin seeds and cook till spices are toasted.
- In a food processor, add the chickpeas, onion-garlic mix, tomato paste, thyme, paprika, salt, soy sauce, and sparkling water. Pulse until sauce like, then add vital wheat gluten and pulse again until mixture forms a ball.
- Add a steamer basket to a large pot and fill with a couple of inches of water. Bring to a boil.
- Divide the mix into equal parts and roll them out till about 1/2 inch thick. . Add the "steaks" to the steamer basket and let them steam for about 22 minutes, flipping them half way though.
- Heat a grill pan to high heat that has been brushed with the remaining butter. Grill the "steaks" for 1 to 2 minutes on each side to get some beautiful grill marks. Enjoy!
Serves well with Roasted potatoes, or steamed vegetables.
Nutrition with Essential Amino Acids
Amount Per Serving (1 Serving)
Calories 300.34 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 1.59g10%
Vitamin A 139.85IU3%
Vitamin B1 0.03mg2%
Vitamin B2 0.04mg2%
Vitamin B3 0.49mg2%
Vitamin B5 0.07mg1%
Vitamin B6 0.25mg13%
Vitamin C 5.67mg7%
Vitamin E 0.54mg4%
Vitamin K 5.81µg6%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Some amino acids levels are estimated, some product manufacturers do not supply amino acid values. The value source usda.gov.