Cinnamon Baked Pears
- 2 pears large, ripe yet firm
- 2 tbsp flour no bleached flour
- 2 tbsp rolled oats steel cut
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Earth Balance butter melted, divided
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg ground
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the pears in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the core, if they don't sit evenly cut side up, cut a small slice off the rounded side.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, salt and one tablespoon of the melted butter until crumbly.
- Melt the agave into the 1/2 tablespoon of melted butter and brush over the cut side of the pears and sprinkle with the cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Spoon the crumble into the pears and place them, crumble up, in a baking dish. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the pears are soft and easily pierced with a fork and the crumble is golden.
- Let them cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Serves well with a scoop of plant-based ice cream.