- Food Processor
- 2 cups flour whole wheat
- 3 tbsp date sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp Earth Balance butter cold, separated by tablespoon
- 1/2 cup currants dried
- 3/4 cup almond creamer unsweetened
- 2 tbsp flour whole wheat (For flouring surface)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees while you line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt into a food processor and pulse until combined. Add in one tablespoon of cold butter at a time while pulsing until flour mix begins too look like coarse cornmeal.
- Transfer mix to a large bowl then mix in the currants and almond creamer until a dough begins to form.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of flour onto a flat surface then turn dough out onto it for light, quick kneading. Pat dough into a round shape and cut into 8 wedges.
- Place wedges onto the prepared baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake for about 13-15 minutes, rotating baking sheet halfway through baking. Transfer scones to a wire rack and let cool for at least ten minutes. Enjoy!
Serve with a currant jelly or jam.